Steps for Developing an Oracle Form
- Create/Use a table on which you want to have the form data stored.
Example: Create Table XX_SUPPLIER_INFO with the following columns.
CREATE TABLE XX_SUPPLIER_INFO
SUPPLIER_NAME VARCHAR2(100), ADDRESS VARCHAR2(100),
- Open Form builder à File à Connect.
Connect to database.
- Open template.fmb file (You can find in $AU_TOP/forms/US)
- Click on Template and press F4 to change the name of module.
- In Object Navigator Right click on Data Blocks à Data Block Wizard à Next à Select Table or view à Next à Give table name (Example: XX_SUPPLIER_INFO) and tab out.
- List of columns will appear, move them to database items(right side) à next à next à Give data block name XXSUPPLIER à Next à Click on just create the data block à Finish.
- Data block XXSUPPLIER will be created. Press F4 on XXSUPPLIER to open property palette and assign subclass information as follows.
- For each column in data block provide the subclass information as below.
- Create a new canvas. Example: XXSUPPLIER and give subclass information as CANVAS.
- Create a new window by giving the above canvas and subclass information.
- Double click on XXSUPPLIER canvas, a layout will open, place a frame in the layout and press F4 on frame and give the following information. (This can be performed by the data wizard while creating the data block also)
Subclass information: FRAME_RECT
Layout Data Block: XXSUPPLIER
Layout Style: Tabular
Number of Records to be displayed: 4
- Go to each item in Data block and give the canvas as XXSUPPLIER.
- Now arrange the fields in the layout accordingly.
- Press F4 on XXSUPPLIER canvas and give window as XXSUPPLIER.
- Press F4 on XXSUPPLIER module and give first navigation data block as XXSUPPLIER.
- Go to PRE FORM trigger and give the set_window_position as XXSUPPLIER.
- Go to APP_CUSTOM package body and give if (wnd = 'XXSUPPLIER') then
- Now save the form as XXSUPPLIER.fmb and move it to application_top/form/us folder.
- Compile the form using the code
frmcmp_batch module=<Folder Path> /XXSUPPLIER.fmb userid=apps/<pwd> output_file=<application top>/forms/US/XXSUPPLIER.fmx module_type=form batch=yes compile_all=special
- Once the form is successfully compiled we will get XXSUPPLIER.fmx otherwise if any error occurs it will be mentioned in XXSUPPLIER.err
- Create a Form in oracle Application. Go to Application Developer à Application à Form
- Create a Function Go to Application à Function
- Assign it to a Menu. System Administrator responsibility à Application à Menu
- Go to that responsibility and open the form and we can enter the details and save and it will reflect in XX_SUPPLIER_INFO table.